TODAY, guys, is a special day. For the last nine months, I've been scouring Walt Disney World to bring you a different magical cupcake every Monday.
Well. Today is going to be the Cupcake Monday to end all Cupcake Monday's.
I have put together from my wanderings, for your edification and delectation, an Ultimate Walt Disney World Cupcake Guide.
This isn't just a top 10...this isn't just my favorites...this is a list - complete with photos - of 50 (that's fifty) cupcakes of note; that's pretty much every single cupcake available at Walt Disney World Parks and Resorts. Ready?
If you click to see the full-size of that image, or print it out, you'll see that each cupcake has a little number next to it, so you can figure out what it is and where it's from! Unfortunately I wasn't able to fit in a photo of every cupcake, but I tried to at least list in type all the big cupcakes that I've seen at various times at various disney bakeries.
Especially at the resorts, you will probably not find all of the cupcakes listed above together on one day. Selections often rotate throughout the week or throughout the seasons, and sometimes change at a moment's notice. For instance, on any given day, the Boardwalk Bakery will probably have three or four of the six types of cupcakes I listed available.
Many of the cupcakes on the list I have blogged about at some point or other, so if you're looking for a more detailed description, have a peek in the archives. At the bottom of this post is a handy index of sorts to all the various cupcakes I've featured as well...
Now when I said this was the Cupcake Monday to end all Cupcake Monday's, I meant it quite literally -- this is going to the last Cupcake Monday post, at least for awhile.
But not to worry, I'm going to start up with a whole new category of tasty, summery Disney World treats next Monday! And if I end up finding a new cupcake...well maybe I'll sneak that in somewhere too!
**By popular demand, the cupcake guide is now available as a POSTER! Check it out: https://www.etsy.com/listing/102077767/cupcakes-of-walt-disney-world-poster
Magic Kingdom -- Main Street Bakery
- Red Velvet (and Oreo) Cupcakes
- Halloween Cupcake
- Christmas Cupcake
- New Year's Cupcake
- Valentine's Cupcake
- Bright Pink and Blue Cupcakes (available at the Confectionery)
- Chocolate and Vanilla Caramel Cupcakes at Karamell Kuche
- Chocolate Raspberry, Guava Cream Cheese, and Carrot Cupcakes at The Seasons at the Land
- Butterfinger Cupcake, Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcake at Starring Rolls
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Cupcake, Marble Cupcake at Starring Rolls
- Cappuccino Cupcake at Pizza Planet
- Bright Pink and Blue Cupcakes at Writer's Stop
- Spaghetti and Meatballs Cupcake at Mama Melrose
- Cotton Top Tamarin Cupcake at Coffee Stand near Discovery Island bridge and Kusafiri
- White Chocolate Elephant Cupcake, Zebra Cupcake at Kusafiri
- cupcake coronets at Earl of Sandwich
- gluten-free cupcakes at babycakes, inside Pollo Campero
- The Mara at the Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Gasparilla Grill and Games at the Grand Floridian
- Beach Club Marketplace at (obvi) the Beach Club
- Mango Passion Fruit, Chocolate Macadamia, and Lemon Ginger Cupcakes at Captain Cook's at the Polynesian
- Peanut Butter Cupcake at Caribbean Beach
- Dos Leches and Red Velvet and Lemon Creme Cupcakes at the Contempo Cafe
- Smores, Carrot, and Chocolate Caramel Cupcakes at the Wilderness Lodge
Boardwalk Bakery (I've had so many posts on this one it needs it's own category!)